IDEAL 101: Foundations of Distance Education and Blended Learning
*Open to IDEAL Consortium Member States Only*
This course is set up to help practitioners develop a site plan for offering distance or blended learning to adult learners. It is also a prerequisite for IDEAL 102: Instructional Issues or IDEAL Program Administration. Over the course of six weeks all participants will work with colleagues within their agency (teams generally consist of one admin/manager and at least one teacher per agency) to develop a plan that addresses:
- Recruitment: where will your agency look for students who will study online?
- Screening: how will you screen to be sure you have online-ready learners?
- Orientation: how will you clearly communicate the requirements of being a distance or blended learning student and orient students to the online materials and curriculum?
- Instruction: what curriculum will you offer students? How will you support and communicate with students who are studying on their own?
- Assessment: how will you keep track of distance and blended learning students, monitor their progress, and collect data?
In the months following the course, each team will work to implement their site plan - supported by monthly webinars with all participants to share progress and ask questions.
For more info, call us at (617) 482-9485